30 December 2006

Guest review: The five ancestors audiobooks


By Elliot

Elliot recently finished listening to 3 of the 5 books in the series The Five Ancestors by Jeff Stone: Tiger, Monkey, and Snake. Following is his review, presented as an interview with Elliot about the books. I first heard about the books via an interview on NPR.





What are the books about?
Ying wants to find the dragon scrolls, he wants to be a dragon kung fu master. Each character has different styles of kung fu training.

So there's different styles of kung fu?
Dragon, monkey, snake, crane, tiger, deer and dog are some of the styles in the book. There is eagle style too.

Who's your favorite character in the book?
Ying. I don't want him to win but I like him. I enjoy reading about Seh, the snake master, too.

What was the most exciting part of the book?
When Seh met Angangseh, the cobra. Angangseh is secretly Seh's mother. She killed two armor-clad soldiers. It wasn't scary. She had poison under her fingernails.

Are the books violent?
Of course. But not too violent. It was pretty good. it would scare a scaredy-cat.

Do you do tae kwon do?
Yes. I am a yellow belt. I have learned some of the stances that were in the books, like the horse stance. I am practicing the no-shadow kick.

What's next in the series?
Dragon and Crane. I'm waiting for them.

New! Just out recently
Crane (5 Ancestors)

1 comments:

Karen said...

Love your guest review! CJ has read these and can't wait for the next book to be released. He literally devours them, then re-reads to savor the book.